Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Step 2.

2] Creating a Convention Schedule for 2008. <--I could use Friendly help with this one. POLL TIME!!
- In 2006 I managed 13 conventions in 12 months. My god, I wont EVER being doing that again.

- In 2007 I swore off conventions entirely from being burnt out. I did still attend a three but never the whole con; AnimeNEXT as a Food Runner, NYComicCon as a Booze Runner & Cookie Pusher and AnimeBoston doesn't exactly count, because while I managed to have a table I spent the whole convention napping under it feeling ill. And that's that.

- In 2008 I'd like to pick just three or four conventions to actually work [not just attend or booze/food run]. It would be ideal to have one per season, but winter is very difficult on my legs so travel is messy.

Poll #1091911 Possible Conventions to attend in 2008:
Which would you choose? And Why?
There are a couple of others not included because my interest wasn't exactly peaked; Big Apple Con, Dragon*Con, YaoiCon, NYComicCon. By that I mean I'd be willing to attend but not to work it, if cost weren't so high or I could share a table I might be persuaded. [Otakon is omitted because its shit.]

I don't need to go to cons but I like to. There is something of a community there that I've been without for a year now. My art has suffered for that, so I'd like for this "One Con a Season" scheme to work out, permanently. Just, you know, rotating conventions yearly so I can see more people, places and friends. Not to mention it's profitable with some effort put.


I'll post Step 3 later on tonight.

No comments: